THE GHOSTWRITER MANIFESTO
The Ghostwriter Project is an on-going action, carried out simultaneously by different
artists from around the world, based on the following statements:
1. There is not only one way to read a book.
2. There is not only one way to write a book.
3. The Ghostwriter Project is an intervention on already existing books.
4. The main goal is to bring the attention back to the writing / reading / imagining
5. Treasures (postcards, letters, notes) within each book will not be removed, nor any
other original part of the book. The reader/writer will choose if he/she wants to make
them part of the new imagined narratives.
6. Once the book have been intervened, they will be documented, then marked, and finally
returned to their original shelves.
7. Giving back the books to their initial circulation is like fishing and then putting the fish
safely back to the water.
8. This action will be repeated in different contexts.
Berlin, January 2014